Pages

Current Favorite Face Masks

Tuesday, January 19, 2016



I am not a skincare person; I used to invest money and time on skincare back in 2014, and with a change in location and responsibility, I started slacking, limiting my routine to just removing my makeup > washing my face using the Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing  Facial Wash > applying Olay Total Effects Day Cream.

I hardly ever visit the parlor for facials, but I do ensure my skin is taken care off, by indulging in face masks  twice a week, once during the weekend, and once mid-week. Normally, I use any of the following masks:



Lush Angels on Bare Skin| $34 (8.4 oz)

 A heavenly concoction of Ground Almonds, Lavendar Oil, Rose Absolute, and many other exotic oils. This one smells of crushed almonds. This product can be classified under exfoliators, but I prefer to use it as a mask.
I use a little water to make it into a coarse paste (a pain to apply evenly), let it sit on my skin for 30-40 minutes and then gently scrub my face with the dried out product. The product brings a subtle glow to my face.



Lakme Strawberry Cleanup Face Mask| INR 120 (50mg)

Reminds me of the Strawberry Fruit Blast Facial in Lakme Salons. I use rose water to make the white tooth paste like mask into a slightly more looser consistency. I apply this on my face and once the product dries out, I remove it with warm water and a cotton swab. Contains Parabens. The product leaves me with hydrated face.


Sand for Soapaholics Deadly Face Mask| INR 675 (60gm)

Infused with Dead Sea Mud, Aloe Vera, Grapeseed Oil, and Coconut, this Indian version of Lush, offers some very innovative face masks. I hunted them down to Garuda mall (Bangalore). It's minty, and I use rose water along with the product and apply it on my face. On application, I feel a cool and ticklish sensation on my face. I remove this using lukewarm water after the product dries out. This product is very similar to Lush's Magnaminty Face Mask. Provides a subtle glow to my face.



Gia Bath and Body works Chocolate mask| INR 350 (50gm)

Very powdery in consistency, and smells like chocolate. I mix this with a heavier base like honey to make it stick to my face. After 30-40 minutes, I rinse of the product using lukewarm water. Leaves my face fresh and supple to touch.

Origins Active Charcoal Clay Mask| $17 (1.7 oz)

Got it as part of the 100 point Beauty Insider perk from Sephora. The charcoal masks claims to suck out impurities. Smells like oil paint, and is a pain to layer on. I couldn't find much difference with this mask.

Swatches


Tips 


  • Store fresh face masks in the fridge for longer shelf life.
  • Apply a heavier base like honey if you have dry skin.
  • Apply a lighter base like rose water for oily skin.
  • Apply alovera gel as a soothing base.
  • Always follow up the drier masks with a nice thick moisturizer.
  • I don't trust natural ingredients available in Indian market, so no home made face mask for me.

So that' all for my current favorite face masks. Let me know what are yours!

No comments:

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger