Face-off: Maybelline Colossal Liner VS KVD Tattoo Liner

Friday, September 23, 2016


Fancy a good cat fight? read on. As much I love a red  pout, I love my wing to the T. Being a hooded eye girl means I struggle with the wing every single day. Today I am pitting two of my most used liners against each other:

Contender 1: Maybelline Colossal Liner
Black

Contender 2: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Trooper



Category
Maybelline  Colossal Liner
KVD Tattoo Liner
Packaging
Black pencil like-packaging. The felt tip applicator is long. The cap is slightly loose which dries out the product fast.
Black pencil like-packaging. The brush tip applicator is small. The cap is air-tight thus preventing product dry out.


Product Available
1.2 g
0.7 mL
Cost
INR 425 ($6)
INR 1400 ($20)
Staying Power
6-hour
6-hour
Application
·         Can draw thin and thick lines.
·         At times, enough pigment will not come out from the applicator.
·         The product can dry out fast.
·         Takes 3-4 minutes to dry.
·         Not black enough and I have to draw over multiple times to get enough pigmentation.
·         As the applicator is thin, can draw extremely thin precise lines.
·         Instantly dries to a matte finish.
Swatch


Color Range Available
1
2
Score
3.5
2.7
Verdict
I wouldn’t recommend either. I am still on the hunt for a better-blacker-bolder liner!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thripti I have heard great reviews about the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and I want to grab it but from the swatches the Maybelline and the Kat Von D one looks similar.Great comparison post.

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger