A Shoe Story

Sunday, February 26, 2012



For a girl, there is nothing like too many shoes. Most people invest in good pair of footwear, cause shoe/footwear is one item that fits on all days from your, I-am -so-sexy-for-my-shoes days to I-am-looking-like-a-zombie days. Shoes, unlike clothes fits no matter whether you have gained 2 stones after your sinful vacation or lost few after that diet control. I never knew the importance of footwear up until I started following fashion blogs. I used to stick to my floaters like glue, dressup=floaters, dress down= floaters. They eventually banned floaters in my office, still nothing could or can beat the comfort of floaters. I usually walk a lot to and back from office, so wearing something fancy like kitten heels or stilettos is beyond my shoe-power.


Today, I have all the  basics right (Atleast I like to think so) I own flats, slingbacks, wedge, gladiator, kitten heel, ballerinas, stilettos mostly in blacks and beige. I feel black and beige goes well with almost all outfits. Nothing fancy or commendable, but presenting my small shoes collection.

Shoe rack: Old pic

My foot: Fashos.com



Flats: Metro & Sylcon

Ballerinas: My foot (Fashos.com) & Classy and fabulous shop

Wedge: Joves (Fashos.com)


Slingbacks: Sylcon

Mojis: Rajasthan

Snake skin kitten heels : Delhi, SJ market

Gladiator : Delhi SJ market
Apart from the above I have my floaters (Bata), green slippers(Bata), sportswear shoes (Puma & Addidas).


What I need:

  • Brogue : I remember wearing something like these in my school days, but then fashion backwards like me never thought they would be having such fancy names. Saw a cheap option of the same in Fashos.com for 530 bucks. I am still not sure whether to swipe again though.
Fashos.com: My foot (INR.543)
    Image:Google
    • More flats : Cause they are comfortable, easy to walk in and goes well with anything. Eyeing the below Inc.5 flats. I may decide on 'the' one, on my Bangalore trip after visiting their exclusive showroom. 
    Image: Jabong.com, Inc.5 (INR:659)
    Image:Jabong.com, Inc.5 (INR: 750)

    • Golden/silver chunky footwear : The wedding season is here!!!and any wedding is incomplete without a pair of gorgeous silver/golden sandals. I am in hunt for THE perfect one for my wedding, though for the 3/4th of the ceremony one has to be barefooted.
    Catwalk
    Catwalk

    • Boots : I don't have any use for foots, we don't have a chilly/shivery climate in Bangalore or Cochin, but I like the idea of owning one just for fun of it :P.
    • Pumps/Peeptoes : Who doesn't like pumps, the more the merrier. I steer clear of heel beyond 2.5-3 inches. Time to explore a lil higher. I don't want to spend a fortune on the same and so, I would buy these from The Marie Claire series from Bata or from Catwalk.
    Fashos.com : My foot (INR. 1299)
    Bata: INR:799
    Bata: INR:999

    Bata: INR:1299
    Where to buy in Cochin: Sylcon!!! hands down, Reliance trendz, Mochi. Wouldn't recommend Metro, cause my 1 month old flats are on verge of premature death.


    So, what is your shoe story?. Any tips on where to shop for footwear in Bangalore?.

    23 comments:

    Swarnali said...

    those animal print ballerinas are so CUTE!!!! How much did they cost you??
    And the first one is AWESOME!! You have quite a collection,really!!
    Am yet to get a pair of heels,I steer clear of them as much as I can.
    I need some help from you.
    Are the ones you bought from fashos comfortable and easy to walk in? I am planning to buy one if you think they were good.

    PAPS said...

    Yes I can have many and never get fed up of shoes.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    Kiran said...

    Your wedges are gorgeous! I want me a pair!!

    M. said...

    So you did a post on shoes..yay!! I like them all....btw!

    Sharon said...

    i love ya snake skin shoes..they are really pretty..i recently bought a brogue..they are siper comfortable to walk in..u should definitely try one..

    Unknown said...

    beautiful post!!love shoes!!!!! i'm following you!! if you like mine,do the same!!

    Freaky Friday

    Freaky Friday FB FanPage

    Unknown said...

    nice post dear
    I am following your blog with GFC
    now follow back me with GFC too
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    Jahn 'n Style said...

    who doesnt love shoes!! i'm a shoe crazy person! :) In Bangalore I love Charles & Keith and Trendz (commercal street)... I miss VNC though :(

    Vanu said...

    Which place is dis SJ market?
    Em lusting for all ur pairs from Fashos.com spclly doz pink heels wid black bows. Snake skin heels are also o'some! Gladiators wid small heels are lukin fab too :D

    Ayantika said...

    very nice collection...loved the post..<3

    http://bongsbelleza.blogspot.com/

    Love,

    Bonnie said...

    A girl can never have too many shoes. NEVER.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    Namitha Kashyap said...

    Whoa!! Such an awesome collection :O I WANT I WANT! :D
    Lovely post :)
    Love,
    Namita <3

    Thripti Aravind said...

    @Swarnali The ballerinas cost me around 1.8k (The costliest one). I would suggest that you buy online only if you are sure about the size...I prefer to try the brands on in a shop and later buy online when there is a discount...
    @PAPS..agree, though I was smitten by shoe bug only after starting to read fashion bloggers..
    @Blogger Cherry Lane The wedge tapers to the ends ..I am not even sure if they can be called WEDGE

    Thripti Aravind said...

    @Emm My collection is no where near your collection of shoes...n thanks:)

    Thripti Aravind said...

    @♥Sharon♥ Thank you...I wanna buy a good pair, I always end up buying flats even if my agenda is completely different.../

    Thripti Aravind said...

    @Sabrina tHANK You:). Its a pleasure following a talented person like you

    Thripti Aravind said...

    @Jahn 'n Style I couldn't explore Bangalore shopping scene completely...come SALES I will....

    Thripti Aravind said...

    @ Vanu Thank you, apparently the typo has to read out as Sarojini Nagar Market :P

    Thripti Aravind said...

    @Ayantika Thank you so much :)
    @Bonnie Rightly said
    @Vale Thank you:). Now following you :)
    @Life is a fairytale Thank you dear...You can get better footwear in Bangalore than that in Cochin...

    FASHOS.com said...

    Hi,
    we are delighted that you have liked some of the shoes at FASHOS.com. It is in fact great to get such feedback and it really reiterates our thinking that women are truly passionate about shoes and therefore should be treated with special TLC when they visit, shop at or talk about FASHOS.com. Feedback of this natures is a source of inspiration and every now and then such feedback is like a gratification that we are on the right path.
    Will be great to connect online and make an introduction. I can be reached on siddhartha.deshaprabhu@styleshore.com

    Unknown said...

    We provide solutions to your daily convenience that to enhance your lifestyle.....Shoe Racks Manufacturer in Delhi & Household Product Suppliers in India

    Deboleena Biswas said...

    OMG! I absolutely love love LOVE shoes! They just make me crazy and sometimes bankrupted! :P I love your collection. Especially those ballerinas and the first pale/baby pink heel!

    Unknown said...

    Homestudio.com is an online solution to your all furniture needs ,we have huge collections of latest variants of shoe cabinets built with latest German furniture quality .Explore our catalogue.

    Shoe-Cabinets In Bangalore

    Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger