Beauty Hacks I Would Tell My Younger Self

Sunday, July 5, 2015


As a teenager, I was studious, and a teacher’s pet. I was so caught up enjoying my school and college phase that I hardly spend any time on myself. I would just wear some crap, and go to college, looking like an ordinary girl. Moving out to a hostel to pursue my Post graduation, I was surprised by the time and effort some girls took to maintain themselves, right from applying curd on the face to washing the hair with green gram. I would find it amusing and declared to the world, I want nothing from that part of the world. I didn't know that 5 years later, I would prove myself wrong.

So here are 6 beauty hacks that I would tell my younger self:

  • Sunscreen is bae: As a teenager, I never used to use umbrella even in tropical climate. I should have realized the importance of using an umbrella, or even wearing a sunscreen. Years later when I went to see my dermatologist to treat my uneven skin tone, he attributed the discoloration to years of sun damage.

    Courtesy: Inhabit.com/ google
  • DO NOT Shampoo the Hair End: As a teenager, the biggest mistake I used to do is, shampooing the hair end excessively. Do not, I repeat do not do it. Use a mild shampoo to wash off your scalp and with the foam generated rinse your ends. Apply a conditioner to your hair end and wash the hair with lukewarm water.
    Courtesy: Brazilian-hair.us/ google
  • Do not take a shower in pipping hot water: I love hot hot water to take a shower in, I still do, but hot shower makes the skin excessively dry. I wish, I could smack 20 years old Opal’s head and tell her not to shower in hot water even when the temperature outside was 34 degree Celsius.
    Courtesy: Tanklesselectricwater/google
  • Home Pedicure heals: Our legs go through so much of torture every day, so I wish I could have taken better care of my legs. My heels are not as parched and cracked, but a little pampering should have made them look even better. If you can’t afford to shell out a salon pedicure, ensure you do a home pedi and mani every month. There are tons of tutorials available online.
Courtesy: Zents.com/google
  • DO NOT fry your hair: I never did it extensively, but I so wanted straight hair, and I used Iron box to straighten out my hair. Straightened hair was so in vogue 7-8 years back. I still thank my stars and my parents' bank balance that I never went in for permanent hair straightening inspite of all the so called salon aunties suggesting me to go for the straightening method to tame my hair. I gave away my ironing road to my mom recently because, I haven’t been using it for the last few years. In case, I want to straighten my hair for any special events, I go to a Salon to get it done, and ensure the hair expert uses ample heat protection spray.
Courtesy: Ourvanity.com/google
  • Love thy self: This is the most important thing, I want to emphasis. I used to hate the way my hair looked. I have now come to a juncture in my life, where I am quite happy with the way my hair looks.  Always remember, there is always someone, who would do anything  to be in your shoes. Be happy and proud of who you are!



No comments:

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger