Hope is still lurking there somewhere

Wednesday, December 21, 2011


One of my colleagues ordered little something from ebay.com . She opted for free shipping and payed the amount via credit card. She placed her order 2 weeks back, which consisted of a peacock chain, an adjustable leaf ring, few studs. Her total order was worth 250 bucks( That's when rupee was at 50 per dollar ). She received one of her 3 couriers yesterday, it was packed well and shipped via hong kong air mail. I was little skeptical about placing any online order after my disappointing experience. Today as she showed me her chain, worth less than 125 bucks I regained some of lost trust. The packaging was proper and so was the delivery. I have seen the same chain retailing at 3 times the cost in some of the blog shops. Here is the  image which was posted in ebay.

ebay.com image

Here is what she finally received, an exact ditto.

What she received
closer view

 Our experience with ebay has been much better than that of blogshops. So, people who are really into fashion jewellery please stop by ebay.com. You may be able to find something you love at half the price as that of blog shops. A word of advice: Never order in bulk or for a large amount of cash. Always, but in small units . You may never know when your packet may go missing in transit.

9 comments:

Uruj said...

Ha-ha. I will follow that advice.
The jewels look very nice.

Swarnali said...

glad you found back your lost faith in online shopping!! Good luck next time you buy something!!

Thripti Aravind said...

@Uruj it's real pretty in real:).

Thripti Aravind said...

@Swarnali I would still caution people. Thanks girl:). I am compiling a list of shops I really lik and have good experience with.

Purvi said...

Good that you have not completely given up on online shopping :) anyways its always good to be careful and the first order as you said should be placed in small batches as it gives us the fair idea of quality of the products as well as transit time :)

Thripti Aravind said...

@Purvi yeah!!!!better be careful than be sorry...

Swarnali said...

Got a great idea. Why don't you do a post on all the online shops that you tried,your experiences,what you learnt and if you will recommend them to people(like me) or not. I would love if you do it :D

M. said...

I know exactly what you mean......I saw an owl necklace being sold at some blog shop for around 450+ shipping and I have seen it being sold for around 200 with shipping. What amazes me is that people buyyyyy

thechicdairy said...

true..!! some of the blogshops are very overpriced..can u tell us the links of the ebay shops that we can safely buy from ..? much appreciated :)

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger