MAC Creme In Your Coffee review

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

‘MLBB’: The term that was eluding me for quite some time now. “My Lips But Better? Never “, that was my reaction. Being an NC42-43.5 dusky girl, finding a nude that wouldn’t wash me out was by itself a task and on top of that finding a natural shade for my pigmented lips?.  It believed it was a herculean task, up until I visited MAC. I was on my way to the MAC store in Shopper’s Stop Koramangala (Bangalore), walking through the crowded Forum mall and I was surprised to see a new MAC store inside the mall. The store was crowded as usual, but a sweet MUA Nilopher, I suppose is her name helped me out to pick up this amazing shade. I had made a note of all the shades I wanted to try out and this shade was not one among them. Presenting MLBB shade, tada!!! “Creme In Your Coffee”.


What MAC Says: Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.

Packaging: Standard black MAC bullet. The packaging is sturdy and travel-friendly.

Smell: Non-overpowering vanilla smell.

Texture: Creme in your coffee is a Cremesheen finish, my favourite after Lustures. They spread opaque in 2-3 swipes, doesn’t overtly dry your lips, feels light on the lips and provide a subtle sheen, providing an illusion of plump lips. The staying power is 4-5 hours on me with occasional sipping and munching. The lipstick clumps after 4-5 hours forming white lines on the center rim of the lips (I guess it has lot to do with my lips than the lipstick).

My take on the color: The shade looks like light brown in the tube, but when swiped gives a pinky-brown shade that again varies based on your lip color. The hint of pink prevents this shade from washing out duskier girls like me. My lip color can be deemed confusing!!!. Cause the lower lid is semi-pigmented ie, the upper half is slightly pink and the lower half is brownish. The upper lip is completely brown. The lipstick, when applied on the lower part of the lower lips takes shade that matches perfectly with the unpigmented upper portion. It’s like they are meant to be together. Two swipes and the lips look uniform and natural. For lighter skinned girls, this lipstick may appear more pink than brown. A fairly pale skinned friend of mine tried out this shade, but the color made her naturally pink lips look atleast 4 shades darker. Fairer skinned girls do try out the lipstick in the store before investing.



Rounding up:
If you have mildly pigmented lips and you fall into NC40-43 category, give this amazing shade a try. They can be your best friend, daily companion, office-mate and even a permanent fixture in your vanity bag on oh so natural days.







2 comments:

Sharon said...

I can totally relate to you..i haven't found the perfect nude pinkish shade yet..Mac amorous is my go-to lippie..Mac lipsticks are amazeballs ..love em !!!

sahana said...

Looks like a great shade. Nice review :)

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger