Makeup: Travel Edition

Saturday, January 9, 2016




I used to be a heavy packer, now I am a convert. Not many would agree after I show you my travel edition makeup, but it was much worse. When my family decided to take a week’s trip to Mysore-Wayanad, I assured them that I would pack light on hearing which my husband burst out into laughter “Light?? You always carry 10kg of makeup”. I decided to restrict the whole makeup in a small pouch and think I succeeded in cutting off junk. A round off of what I carried with me for a week of adventure through Tippu Sultan’s land and the hilly regions of Wayanad.

Face


MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance: I could have easily skipped this looser, but then I can never put this to good use in Cochin (Considering the hot and humid climate). I used it as part of my night time routine post face wash.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation (NC42): I love liquid foundation, but considering the hazard of carrying a glass bottle + brush, I decided against it. The Studio Fix is perfect for that even coverage, all the while keeping my natural oils in check. Too much and hey hello cakeface!

L'Oreal Paris Lucent Magique Sunset Glow: I wanted some color on my cheeks, as Studio Fix can strip the face of any color. This palette can be used as a highlighter too.

Eyes


Eyepencil: Pop of color via Bourjois Contour Clubbing 51 Golden Dress, Chambor Dazzle 105 Purple  Dazzle, Maybelline Colossal Kajal Turquoise.

UD Naked Basics 2: Was wondering whether I should carry this or not. I did go for smokey eye back-to-back. Also, I used a Primal shade to contour.

MAC Eye Shadow Blackberry: Not my favorite, but saves a ton of space as compared to my UD eyebrow kit or NYX palette.

Lips

My Lip Mantra: Neutral + Bright + MLBB = Sorted!



Neutral: ColourPop Lumiere: The perfect matte muted pink. It does settles into fine lines, I remove the crumbles using my wipes and re-apply every 4-5 hours.

Bright: MAC Viva Glam Miley: The perfect bright pink for my skin tone, complements smokey eye or neutral eyes.

MLBB: MAC Plumful: It is not part of the additional makeup I carried. This lip shade is part of my daily makeup bag, something that I carry to office everyday.

Tip

  • Always carry a lip balm in your hand-bag. Air at some places can really suck out moisture from your lips.
  • Carry multi-purpose items, like in the above case, UD Basics 2 which doubled up as a contour shade.
  • A good way to change up the eye look is by changing up the eye color pencil.




No comments:

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger