What's In My Office Makeup Bag - 2016 Edition

Thursday, May 19, 2016




I carry my world in my bag, like the entire world (No, I am not joking), half of which is junk, like who needs their marriage certificate, 3 ID cards, 3 notepads in their handbag? In effect, my bag weighs around a 100 pounds, the weight Mr. G refuses to carry when we are out and about. *Sidenote: Mr. G has enough weight on his shoulders, 62 kgs to be precise ;p

I carry my Forever 21 southwest print bag to carry my office makeup.



1. Marks & Spencer Aloe Vera Hand & Nail Cream l £ 2

The AC at my office is one cranky lady, it's a sin to call an inanimate object a lady, but I choose to say so as that one has a mind of it's own. One moment is all hot and sweaty, the next moment it's freezing cold. My legs and hands always look parched and ghostly with the change in temperature. The hand and nail cream moisturises my legs and hands, making them super soft like a baby's butt (ok, that's too much) well, in general, the exposed part stays soft!!!

2. Basicare Natural Facial Oil Blotting Paper l INR 225

I am 2 short of the big 30! and lately, I have started to notice that my skin is not dry-combination like it used to be. Maybe, the climate in Cochin, or maybe it's my age, but this girl needs to blot the shit out of her face every 4 hours. I searched all the online websites for a good blotting paper; finally, scored this one from Nykaa. It removes shine from my face without dislodging my makeup. Not, the best out there, but I can do with these  ones until I find my prince on a blotting paper.

3. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation NC 42 l INR 2290

If you want to see the face of matte god, have a good look at this powder foundation, as this is my OG, my HG (whatever you want to call this!). I prefer a compact version of foundation for easy touchups. NC 42 is a spot on match for me, and the foundation gives a medium coverage. Stays put for a solid 7-8 hours before the oiliness shines through.

4. Marks & Spencer Autograph Blush Perfume l £ 5

I ain't carrying my Dior perfume to office! This perfume is the cheapest option available in the market. Scent category is floral and the sillage is medium. Stays on me for good 3-4 hours.

5. Maybelline Baby Lips Pink Lolita l INR 135

The air conditioner in my office sucks the moisture out of my lips, and so does my matte lipstick. Maybelline Baby Lips moisturizes my lips and gives  my lips  a flushed pink tint.

6. MAC Lipstick Twig l INR 1450

Satin finish, dusty-mauvy pink that rocks my tan boat. This is one of those office-appropriate shades that won't raise eyebrows in your workplace. Talking about raising eyebrows, I don't consider Lustering to be one of those OTT shades, but unfortunately a section of Adams in my office think so.

7. Lakme Eyeconic Pencil l INR 210

My favorite black kohl. (Enough said!)


Forever21 Lipstick Mirror l INR 269

Quick touch-up savior, besides I am a sucker for lipstick prints.

Forever 21 Hair Brush l INR 239

Necessity, talk to my hair please!


So, what are your office makeup bag essentials?

2 comments:

Pooja Mittal said...

i use the same hand lotion
keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
www.indianbeautydiary.com

Deboleena said...

I dont go to an office right now but when I will..I would have the same stuff. :D Well you helped me for my coming future. And your photography are on point <3 loved it and I love baby lips in pink lolita :)

www.deboleenabiswas.wordpress.com

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger