Current Favorites

Friday, September 15, 2017

Long since I checked-in with you guys! How'ya doing?


Bringing you my current favorite beauty products:



Marc Jacobs Highliner in Cocoa l $25

I am so petty that I wouldn't purchase such a costly item on full price 🙊. I received the Marc Jacobs eyeliner as part of a Sephora Favorites kit. The highliner comes in a twistable pencil format. The shade, Cocoa can be best described as a shimmery chocolate brown color. The shade though creamy, doesn't budge and stays on my lids for 6 hours. One con is that the tip of the pencil may become blunt very fast and hence drawing a thin precise line can be a pain. Also, there is a sharpener on the opposite end of the pencil, which I haven't used.

Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar l $30

Recently, for a family function, I go a lot of compliments on my brows! yes, people, BROWS! The Urban Decay brow box has been a brow saver last month. The kit comes with two shades of brow powders, a non-tinted wax, two tiny brow brushes, and a tweezer. The kit also comes with a handy mirror.

The darker brow powder is a warm, dark-brown shade and is suitable for the arch and outer brow, whereas the lighter brow powder is a cool, muted-brown shade suitable for the inner section where the brow hair is sparse. Applying two shades of brow powder gives my brows a very natural appearance.

Tarte Amazonian Blush in Supreme l $7 

This blush was part of last year's limited edition holiday collection blush set, a set of 4 blushes, each weighing 1.5g. I purchased this set from the Tarte's website at a discounted rate ($28). The shade, Supreme can be described as a matte, nude peach. The blush is very pigmented and applies beautifully to the skin. The shade looks very natural on my tan skin (NC42), giving my cheeks a natural flush of color. The product stays on my cheeks for 4-5 hours, post which it fades evenly.

Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick in LosAnjealous l $18

Dose of Colors is my favorite comfort matte liquid lipstick formula of all time. Non-drying, lightweight, lasts for 8+ hours, doesn't fade or create a crazy white line on my lips. Post heavy meals, the shade lightly wears off from the inner rim of the lips, nothing a good lip balm can't fix.

The shade, LosAnjealous is a bright pinky-red that brightens up my face. The color is something that I wouldn't wear on a day to day basis, but for a function or wedding, the shade is definitely a head turner. I purchased mine directly off the Dose of Colors website.

Zoeva Calli Graphic Liquid Liner l $27

This dream liquid liner came as part of a 4-piece black box.  The tip of the liner is stiff but soft enough to bend at will for that sharp wing. The liquid, however, is not a dry matte, and even on my oily lids, the wing stayed for 8 hours without fading.

Swatches


These are some of my favorites, what are yours?

No comments:

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger